I have been all over the boroughs in London checking up on our projects and I am proud to discover that Hillingdon is the only London borough to make the top 10 list of best places to buy a house in the country. It takes into account the cost of the house, property platform plus safety since Hillingdon London Borough Council has very low crime rate in the area. Hillingdon population is growing and in 2019 has a population of about 323,758.
Hillingdon has the North and South areas. North Hillingdon is a leafy prosperous area while South Hillingdon is home to many industries as the Heathrow Airport, the headquarters of British Airways in Waterside, Harmondsworth, and the head office of Cadbury plc in Uxbridge business Park so Hillingdon opens plenty of employment opportunities.
Many of its towns are close to Central London, yet it offers a country feel due to its surroundings of woodland and fields. Stroll through Ruislip towards St Martin’s Church, and you feel you are in a country village rather than a London Borough!
With Borough of Hillingdon’s growung population the problem of space becomes an issue. However, boroughs housing type is perhaps the most varied in all of London. After inspecting the variety of housing type, we discovered how easy it was for a variety of loft conversion types to be carried out. So whether it was a tiny bungalow for two or a five bedroom house for a family of several kids, in the Northwood Abbey Lofts, it easy to carry out loft conversions in Hillingdon. Our conmpany was lucky to provide an able team of highly skilled Abbey Loft craftsmen to carry out all loft conversions in Hillingdon within pre-agreed timescales following a standard of excellence.
Home owners can opt for a mansard, dormer, velux or hip to gable loft conversion. If they were unsure which type of loft conversion is most suited to their property and their requirements, Abbey Lofts will talk to them about available options. They can arrange to view previous work to ensure that they make the right choice.
1. Dormer -This type of loft conversion uses a vertical wall placed at the sloping roof’s bottom. To provide more space in the loft’s extension, a flat roof is made to meet the vertical wall.
This is the most common type of loft conversion that can also be gable fronted or hipped roofed. Planning permission is often not needed.
2. Loft conversion from hip to gable – Purpose of this type to expand a relatively tiny space through a hipped roof so that it changes the flat gable making the sloping or ‘hipped’ side of a roof. Planning permission may be needed. Extra space can be used as office or any other purpose. This type is suitable for detached, semi-detached, chalet and bungalow properties.
3. Mansard is usually constructed at the back part of your property, its flat roof and a back-wall slope inwards at 72 degrees. This type is more expensive loft since it involves significant change to the structure of the property as well as more construction work. These are particularly common in urban areas and in terraced housing. Windows are typically housed in dormers. Planning permission is often required.
Note: If you’d like to talk to us about your loft conversion or get a free quote, feel free to get in touch with us today using our online contact form or calling us online.
In your home, the loft is the largest untapped space available that has no use that can be converted into a useful space for this is the fastest, and the least effective way of increasing your home space.
With a loft conversion, you will acquire the much-needed extra space you need and add value to your home. Prices of homes are increasing plus the added expense of stamp duty so many families find it difficult to move or simply add an extension to their homes.
We are offering you extremely competitive prices and we will help you find a price that is within your budget.
Do you want that cluttered loft space in your house to be useful? If you need an extra space for a bedroom, work area or hobby space, the easiest way is to have Loft Conversions Hillingdon that have become increasingly popular these days. Home owner’s just realized that this is one of the cheaper and easier alternatives to maximize their living area. How about an attic conversion but you are not sure how to do it? Contact us for we will walk with your all the way. We have on our favor access to the best network of home improvement specialists, so we guarantee to provide you the best services at the lowest prices.
Consider these numerous benefits when you convert your loft into functional living space. It is so much cheaper to convert a pre-existing room in your home than home extensions. Whether you want a bedroom en suite, a home office space, a play room for the kids or hobby workshop. our Hillingdon loft conversions offer the best solution to issues of space in the home. You might even be spared from the ubiquitous task of getting a building permit extension that are quite expensive in urbanized areas, But here is no need for you to get a building permit when an existing room is converted for extra space.
Old, unwanted items and general household overflow when lofts are used a dumping ground that is such a waste of potential room that could become a practical and aesthetically pleasing addition to your home. There is no reason to buy a new house for more space when you could convert your loft instead. A Hillingdon loft conversion can also increase the value of your property, making the initial cost of the conversion well worth the financial gain in the long run.
The cost of Hillingdon loft conversions depends on the size of the project and required physical labor. There are also other required services, to include: adding to plumbing and installing insulation, changing electrics, as well as structural re-enforcing, and this will greatly increase the price. And a word of advice: do not attempt any DIY conversion to make the project cheap for it will be done badly and could compromise the structural integrity of your home.
Loft conversions may be your best solution to make use of your free spaces, our company is here to help you just take a minute to fill in our online form and we will find you the best professional services at a price to suit your budget. Contact us today for a free, no obligation quote and turn that dusty loft into a living space that adds value to your home.
After my meeting yesterday with many home owners, they asked some important questions, these are the answers that1wish to share with you.
1. Question – What are the different types of loft conversions?
Answer - The different types of loft conversions will depend on the type of home you live in and the type of roof that is already on the house. The two most common loft types are the dormer conversions and hip to gable conversions.
2. Question - What is the ideal height of a converted loft?
Answer – The ideal height should be at least two meters high at the peak if you are planning on converting it.
3. Question - What is the best access to a converted loft?
Answer - You have many good options: use a pull-down ladder, a spiral stairs, or even regular staircases if you have the access space.
4. Question – How much is the overall cost of a loft conversion?
Answer – The overall cost of a loft conversion vary depending on the type and size of your loft. Excluding accessories like ladders, stairs, or trap doors, most loft conversion cost will range from £15,000-£40,000.
5. Question – In Hillingdon, do they require a minimum height requirement for loft conversions?
Answer – There is no minimum height requirement stated in the building codes but even so you must provide adequate space to move around comfortably. Recommended is between 2.2 and 2.6 meters of headspace.
6. Question - Can I convert only a portion of my loft?
Answer - Absolutely. It's possible to add walls and doorways in such a way that you can finish and convert only a portion of your loft, leaving the rest for simple storage. This is often a great idea for very large homes, since converting the entire loft would be a very large project.
7. Question - Is it difficult to add a staircase as an entry?
Answer - This depends on your home's layout. Some homes are simply better designed for the addition of a spiral staircase than others. Your contractor should be able to create a new entry point from anywhere in your home, such as at the back of a hallway or even the corner of the kitchen or living room, if this is more convenient for you.
Everyone loves a little more space and enough room to move around? Since UK has some of the tiniest houses in Europe so the need for more space is a common issue. Practically every household is struggling to create a balance between storage and living space. Loft conversion may not be the only solution available for you can move to a bugger house or extend your house in other ways. However, it may be the only practical option.
Here are six most important benefits of loft conversion!
1. Your house is added a value since property experts stated that one of the best ways to invest in your home is through loft conversions. According to the results of Housing Market Research, your house value can increase by as much as 20%.
2. Avoid the cost of moving where you must pay for stamp duty, solicitor fees and property costs that continue to rise. One of the major benefits of a loft conversion is that you can stay in the same area, and you do not have to move.
3. Increase your property space = With a loft conversion, you get extra space plus more room for storage beneath your new stairs and you give the room for aesthetic appeal.
4. Create a room with a view. Being in a higher place allows you to survey your local area from an entirely new perspective.
5. More natural light is added to a natural light source Aside from your other windows, the Velux windows, and even Dormers, let much more light enter than the other windows.
6. Saving time and money with loft conversion. Among other home improvements, only loft conversions can add to your home in terms of value.
Because all the structures you need are already in place, loft conversions are often cheaper compared to the price per square meter basis paid in conventional extensions.
So, for you and the family, it is loft conversion all the way!
We will be uploading pics our on-going Loft Conversion Project in Merton Avenue, West London.
Some useful links for you to read on before starting your Loft Conversion.
Hip to Gable Loft Conversion extends your house on the sloping side by replacing the roof with a vertical wall called the Gable. This gives maximum internal head height and floor space. Hip to Gable loft conversions are ideal for Loft Conversions Hillingdon homeowners with semi-detached, end of terraced, bungalows or detached properties. We provide full planning, design to build service.
Dormer Loft Conversion is the most popular type of Loft Conversion undertaken by Loft Conversions Hillingdon homeowners. This is simply the extension of the existing roof vertically that allows extra additional floor space and headroom. There are height requirements of at least two metres or higher, with no need for planning permission in many cases.
Velux or Roof Light Loft Conversion is the simplest and economical of all Loft Conversions in Loft Conversions Hillingdon. The roof of your house remains unchanged, we only install attractive Velux windows that bring in plenty of natural light. As the roof structure remains intact, no planning is required. Velux Loft Conversions require considerably less construction work compared to the others and are less disruptive too.