Bespoke loft conversions in Flats
Loft Conversion London specialise in high-quality custom Loft Conversions across London and the home counties. We have built numerous bespoke loft conversions in Flats which are fully tailored to the client’s personal requirements and preferences.
Flats Loft Conversions
We offer a range of Loft Conversion types in Flats , which include, dormer, mansard, hip to gable, L-shaped and velux loft conversions. Our team of builders will transform your house, giving you more living space and thereby increasing the value of your property.
Our latest Loft Conversions in Flats
Browse through our latest loft conversions and extensions in Flats to get an idea of what our specialist Loft Conversion team can build for you.
Our step by step process for Loft Conversion in Flats
We try to keep the Loft Conversion process as simple as possible from conception to completion, always keeping you informed and involved in every step. Our process includes an initial survey and design followed by architectural drawings and structural calculations. Thereafter, we will quote based on the drawings. Once happy with our quote, our architects apply for planning permission and commence your building work and finally the completion of your new loft conversion. Our team is ready to discuss any aspect of the project in more detail at all times.
Whether your family is growing, renting out a room in your property, or simply want a new study or office, a loft conversion is an ideal solution to maximise space in your house. This is a cost-effective alternative to moving and will increase the value of your property when you decide to sell in the future. No matter the project size, we will build you a loft that reflects your style and meets your lifestyle’s needs.
Are you looking to add a loft to your flat and make it more useful? You have come to the right place. Loft Conversion London has the best affordable and quirky designs for your new loft conversion. From a simple Dormer, L-shaped to a Mansard and Velux, we are here to cater to all your needs.
UK property values have grown considerably over 450 years due to extensive restructuring and conversion of houses into flats. The rental market has become increasingly sought-after, primarily in London, as a result of high rates of employment and increasing demand for residence. Converting houses into flats seemed like a substantial burden initially. However, the expertise of the architects at Loft Conversion London precisely knows how to design and deliver remarkable flat conversions fulfilling the needs of the customer. By creating loft conversions in flats with ease and an affordable budget, we ensure to meet the potential development requirements.
As a property investor, it can take creativity and expert insight to maximize the assets of your property. Loft Conversion London promises to help you assess and examine the potential of converting your house into self-contained flats or developing a loft on top of your flat. By advising honest information on budget considerations and timescale, we give our clients direction at every step, from assessing the property for sub-division to evaluating the development’s potential.
Using our flat conversion expertise, we formulate intelligent design and planning strategies to construct a loft in your flat with the maximum space. We keep in check the requirements needed by planning officers to approve loft conversion planning applications.
From minimum space regulations and desired flat conversion layout plans to qualitative standards of residential conversions and amenity spaces, Loft Conversion London has got your back. You will also have to deal with ownership issues, roof requirements, and interference with other building services. We pledge to guide you at every stage, even if it is to obtain planning permission from your landlord or council.
Followed by that, your idea will be molded into a tangible reality in the stage of monitoring the construction. With our thorough experience in working with builders, we’ve contracted proven steps and a hands-on construction drill approach to avoid potential difficulties that may arise on-site. Our proficient team works cohesively and is committed to managing your flat exchange costs. We strive to plan and build your new lofts with minimum stress and achieve your project timeline and budget efficiently.
Our innovative design concepts create spacious, radiant flats to attract future tenants or buyers. By placing the best interests at the heart of your conversion’s success, we aim to generate high returns on your investment. Loft conversions in flats customarily mean improving the footprint of the property, which in turn enhances the value of your flat in the market.
If you are renovating your loft area and trying to figure out a few great conversion ideas, you are at the right place. There are plenty of great plans that can turn your flat loft conversion into a most lovely place. An attic extension can help to add that extra space, which you were always looking for. While renovating your Loft space, a couple of significant elements you need to take care. Before beginning the work, obtain all designs into one place, as a Flat Loft conversion idea includes a lot, such as storage, bedroom, study room, bathroom and many other plans, and that needs to be done in the best way possible.
● Embrace the space proportions - Avail the advantage of that naturally cosy feeling of the flat loft conversion for the smaller or bigger. You can't beat the white colour if you are opting for a light coloured scheme. Natural white colour can give you a feeling of a larger and lighter room. Though try to balance the white colour with warm woods and the occasional soft furnishing with dark pattern, to give it a lively and welcoming appearance.
● A Tiny Reading corner - If you have not left with any spare room, you can still get a small reading corner, assembled with a study table and bookshelf. Transforming the loft area is not just about to create extra space; it's about adding some value in the existing space. You can develop your reading corner according to the personal style and age. As if it is for a kid, it should have toys, sketching books, comics and should paint in bright, energetic colours.
● Maximize daylight in your flat loft conversion plan - Consider the window size and position while planning for a loft conversion design. For natural sunlight, 20 percent roof area should be glazed. Commonly windows get designed according to the shape of the roof, since a room varies in shape and size, consider the size of the window accordingly. However, it must allow an unspoiled view and more headroom and will be on the best height to reach effortlessly.
● Convert the loft area into a beautiful Lounge - Why not use that low ceiling space which is not fit for a bedroom or bathroom? You would love to lounge in the attic, with this budget-friendly flat loft conversion idea. Incorporate it with bean bags, lovely rugs, indulged with your favorite paintings to add extra decor and with scattered toys to make it an ideal place to hang out with kids.
● Combine a stylish bathroom - Why not utilize that extra space as a master bathroom? Create a room for a freestanding bath under a low ceiling, as shower needs a minimum headroom space. Combine it with just necessary limited things and a traditional colour pattern can add a periodic architecture. Just using one sheet of unframed glass, supported by two sleek stainless-steel bars will help to keep this wet room enclosure minimalist and unobtrusive.
● Build new storage - Maximizes the available space by embracing the awkward spaces by inserting shelves on the problematic corners. Even you can have cupboards custom-built into a slanted roof. Without capturing a large area, these ideas can give you a convenient storage solution.
● Add a tranquil guest room - If you have young children, it's not always possible to have a master bedroom in your attic. Don't hesitate to turn it into a fancy guest space where older people can reclaim their peace and stay away from the early riser noise.
● Turn the wall of the angle into a feature - A tiny little space and clumsily shaped ceilings can put you away. Don't let it be, paint your small panel with unique colours, as a background leaves a significant impact on overall feeling, so choose a more mute and deeper shade for a comfortable feel, or you can paint using bright and bold colour.
● Create a small library - Create a dedicated spot to fulfil all your reading cravings with a collection of your favourites. You can even make a library in 10sq m space to put to good use. Pick an area where you can easily tuck your cosy chair where the ceiling isn't so high that it can be under a roof or a stairwell. Features with a glass wall and door can give a sense of privacy.
● Explore all the angles - Why not take complete advantage of the roof line during your flat loft conversion which can be practical and visually impressive? Use an existing attic space smartly and combine with some glazing panels including a wooden framework, a series of partial-height walls which will allow plenty of sunlight and space.
● Get the right loft stair extension - Consider all the available options to maximize the space during your flat loft conversion. Ideally, it should be continuous stairs from ground floor to the first floor, and should also be considered during the early stages of a loft conversion. However, match the designs with bannisters, paint finishes, and handrails. Apply the same carpentering as flooring, skirting and modelling to blend it perfectly with the rest of the house, and give it a feel of neutral addition.
● Don't forget about the exteriors - If your flat loft conversion includes exterior extension, even its complementing your existing property, choose matching brickwork or rendering or cladding to give it a perfect contemporary finish. Frameless and minimalist-style windows can add a fabulous appearance in modern homes. However, there can be a conservation requirement for a periodic property if you are looking for a loft expansion.
If you are browsing for loft conversion ideas, a question - 'can any loft space get converted', can easily arise in your mind. Of course, it needs proper planning and a professional approach to turn it into real value.
However, if you are struggling to give your loft area the desired extension within your budget and space, contact us to get the desired conversion with a peaceful mind. Book your slot immediately for a complete hassle free work.
Convert your attic into an inclusive space which satisfies your all needs faultlessly.
Loft Conversion London is a family run loft conversion business with years of experience in the Flat Loft Conversions. We specialize in the construction field, and can guarantee high-quality services with our profoundly skilled tradesmen and their expertise.
By renovating your loft, in a way, that adds value to your property, we assist you to visualize the interior and exterior during the construction phase of your Flat Loft.
We pride ourselves in furnishing and providing the most exceptional quality results on each project that we undertake. Our unparalleled customer service with 24x7 prompt responses on your queries caters to your extensive needs with our expertise.
Some useful links for you to read on before starting your Loft Conversion.
Do you have a question about Loft Conversions? We're here to help. Contact our team at Loft Conversion London
The minimum height required for a Loft Conversion is 2.2m (from the floor to the highest point in your loft). If you do not have the required height, your ceilings can be lowered on your first floor.
This depends on the size and type of Loft, most loft conversions take around 10-12 weeks. We can give you a more accurate estimation when we see your property.
Loft Conversion cost is determined by the size and type of the project, the features you would like, etc. Our architect will help you achieve the best use of your space within your budget. Most Lofts cost between £25,000 and £60,000.
No - it's safe to carry on living in your house. Our team starts from the scaffolding before the stairs go in. We always try to limit the disruption during the construction process.
Loft Conversions usually fall under the permitted development category therefore planning permission is not normally required. There are some exceptions like conservation areas, flats, or listed buildings. Our in-house surveyors can advise further on planning permission. For more info read our Planning Permission blog.
A party wall agreement is also known as PWA is required if you own semi-detached or terraced property. In simple words, if you are working within or near your neighbor’s boundary then you will need a party wall agreement in place. Click here for more info.
Yes - it will add from 15% to 25% upwards depending on the size, design, and type of Loft. Read more about adding value here.
Yes, all Loft conversions require building regulation approval from the local authority. These regulations are important to ensure the safety measures are in place and they set a protocol of construction and design to follow.
Absolutely yes, we will work with you to achieve your dream new living space.
Hip to Gable Loft Conversion extends your house on the sloping side by replacing the roof with a vertical wall called the Gable. This gives maximum internal head height and floor space. Hip to Gable loft conversions are ideal for Flats homeowners with semi-detached, end of terraced, bungalows or detached properties. We provide full planning, design to build service.
Dormer Loft Conversion is the most popular type of Loft Conversion undertaken by Flats homeowners. This is simply the extension of the existing roof vertically that allows extra additional floor space and headroom. There are height requirements of at least two metres or higher, with no need for planning permission in many cases.
Velux or Roof Light Loft Conversion is the simplest and economical of all Loft Conversions in Flats . The roof of your house remains unchanged, we only install attractive Velux windows that bring in plenty of natural light. As the roof structure remains intact, no planning is required. Velux Loft Conversions require considerably less construction work compared to the others and are less disruptive too.