Loft Conversion London is one of London's leading Loft Conversion Specialists, aiming to make every loft conversion project easy and stress free. We are a family run business with over 30 years’ experience of building loft conversions. Loft Conversion London was originally founded by Aman Bansal and James Morris. They both had a vision of creating a full design to build Loft conversion company that caters for everything a customer would want.
At Loft Conversion London, we provide a personal touch and understanding of how many families, homeowners and couples want to extend their homes for extra space with a loft conversion instead of moving home. We offer an extensive range of Loft Conversion services and produce a stunnign finish, moreover we're friendly and easy to work with. Our business is built upon trust, recommendations and happy customers. You will be liaising directly with the owners of the business. They can make instant decisions and recommendations without having to refer your request up a management ladder. If you are considering transforming your attic space then Loft Conversion London would love to hear your ideas, Please call us to book a free consultation.
Loft Conversions differ in various ways, but they all have the same development stages from start to finish. As a client, you can rest assured that you will not be disturbed while you live in your home during the conversion process. Throughout the process, we will keep the communication channels open so that you can talk to us, as often and as thoroughly as you like, so that both the parties can understand the progress accordingly. We will give you a dedicated project manager who will be at the site daily to manage the work and ensure the smooth completion of the project.
Here is a brief step by step guide as to what will happen in the loft conversion process:
1. We will first visit your place to take the specifications and understand all your requirements for the loft conversion. You will at this stage share your own ideas, opinions and we will discuss various options for your perfect loft conversion. Before our meeting, you can view our gallery of the type of loft conversion you want and if you like a design of our past loft conversions. There is no harm to take inspiration or ideas of an existing design.
2. Once all the specifications have been agreed, we will create a contract that has to be completed by Loft Conversion London and the client. Once this has been completed the next step is to place a deposit so that the first phase of work can commence.
3. If you have an architect already then you can use them to draw up the plans and if not, we will send our architects to visit your property and survey the areas of work. Our architects will draw up plans for the loft conversion, which can take up to 10-14 working days. Once the drawing is completed, they will be sent to you for review and if you’re happy to sign them off then we can submit them to your local council on your behalf if planning is required, and later building regulations. Once the plans are approved by your local council, we will then be ready to commence work.
4. Party Wall Awards: We can supply the appropriate documentation for you to issue to your adjoining neighbours.
5. The full loft conversion building time will be around 8-12 weeks but depending on the type of loft conversion you are going for; this project can be completed much more quickly. The contracts manager will be visiting the site on a weekly basis to check on the progress and ensure everything is being completed at the highest standard.
6. Our project manager will make the last final check on the loft conversion before we arrange the local council or local private contractor to assess your new loft and give a completion certificate. Thereafter your loft will be handed over to you to enjoy your beautiful new loft converted living space.
The most common loft conversions are done on these types of houses across London. These houses mostly have high ceilings and large rooms and a conversion works best when the design retains the natural character of the building.
If you live in an end of terraced or semi-detached house, your property is ideal for a loft conversion. There are two main types of loft conversion that are suitable for semi-detached and end of terrace homes: hip to gable loft conversions and dormer loft conversions.
Many properties in the UK were build in the 1920s or 1930s (pre-war period). Such houses are great for loft conversions, you can easily add either a dormer loft conversion, a hip to gable loft conversion or a Velux loft conversion. The type we build will depend on the structure of your home and roof we can guide you on the best approach.
If you happen to live in a conservation area, the local council may not permit you to have a rear dormer, but they might let you have a mansard or a combination of Velux roof windows and small dormers. Loft conversions in flats and Maisonettes are the ultimate way of gaining that precious extra space.